[racktables-users] Yet .. more questions...

  • From: "Lacayo, Luis F" <lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:41:53 -0500

HI Denis,

So here it is 8:30 AM and I so hate to bother you with goofy questions,
but I have been up since about 3:00 AM with this crazy thoughts.

1.  How hard would it be to rotate the display of a rack by 90 degrees?
    Just in case you are wondering...  I have implemented blade
enclosures as racks.  So if I  can turn a rack on it's side then it
would appear like the enclosure.  Of course this would be a flag in the
rack table.

2.  Can you explain (or is there a data dictionary) for the tags.  I am
continuing with my Batch load of objects that  you so graciously helped
me with last week.  What I basically want to do is assign a tag (I
called it unused) to the servers that I batch loaded, so We can assign
the blades as we go along and if needed we can run a report that would
list the unused (un assigned) blades.

3.  Is there a place where I can go search the archives for explanation
about permissions.  I want to understand this LDAP thingy, I have been
looking at letting the windows team take a look at this (they use a
spreadsheet to track their servers, which are already imported into
racktables but they don't know it) but I to give the group read only
permissions.

Thanks for your time..

And my best regards.

Luis