[racktables-users] Re: Virtual Stacked Switch - Cisco

  • From: Alain Iltchev <alain.iltchev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:12:24 +0200

Hi,

I usually create an object for each physical switch
belonging to a stack and a dedicated object with a new custom type Network
Switch Stack that can contain Network Switches. The physical ports are
created on the switches and the IP addressing on the stack.
Regarding the Rack placement, I put the stack in the front row of each rack
unit occupied by the stack and every switch in the interior row of the same
rack unit. The same modelling applies for our firewall clusters.

Best regards,

Alain Iltchev