[racktables-users] Re: Upgrade from 0.19.12 to 0.19.14 and date formats

  • From: csmall <csmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 09:40:26 +1100

On 17.09.2012 20:30, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
Once you upgrade, the date format is configurable in Configuration : User
Interface. For instance, mine is ISO-8601:

PHP date() format to use for date output: Y-m-d

However, I wanted my text string dates to be automatically converted to
Racktables dates on upgrade. So I used MySQL statements to locate and
convert them to the US format before the upgrade.

After the upgrade, if you put in a date in the configured format (in your
user interface), it is correctly parsed in.

Regards,
Tyler

Hi,

Thanks for the tidbit about the date formatting option. Unfortunately it does not work for me, I just get a 'Database error: foreign key violation' and upon further investigation, it looks as though the user options are saved to the UserConfig table but the only user I have in the local database is the admin user since I have Racktables authenticating via LDAP for all the users so their is no key to match with the user logged in.

Is there a way around this (besides going in and manually creating a correspinding user in the UserAccount table) or is it possible to set the default date format to d/m/Y globally for all users?

In case anyone else was wondering, the dates are stored in the AttributeValues table and can be found with a 'select * from AttributeValue where attr_id=22;'

Regards,
Craig.