[racktables-users] Re: Proximity port selector

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:36:09 +0000

On Monday 02 November 2009 17:26:06 Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 16:58:54 +0000 Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> > The new proximity port selector in 17.6 is very handy.  However, I'd like
> > a link or button in this dialog to allow me to select from all free
> > ports.  I rarely, but just often enough, link ports 1-2 racks away, or
> > between patches across a room.  I don't want to increase the "proximity"
> > variable in the UI just to do this.
>
> Use double-click instead of single-click.

Gaaa!  Well, that's handy.

I feel like I'm using racktables in a vacuum.  Are things like this documented
somewhere?  It wasn't in the changelog and there is no in-line help.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Beware of altruism. It is based on self-deception, the root of all evil."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein