[racktables-users] Re: PHP Version

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:54:55 +0300

>  Not really much to do in this respect.  The RackTables upstream
>  tarball makes packaging RackTables really easy.
>
>  The files COPYING, ChangeLog, LICENSE and README are moved to
>  '/usr/share/doc/RackTables-0.17.9/' and everything else goes into
>  '/usr/share/RackTables'.  A home rolled Apache config file goes in
>  '/etc/httpd/conf.d/RackTables.conf'.  That's pretty much it.

I thought of moving secret.php and all other files, that a user could add, out
of wwwroot. This way a RackTables installation could either work normally, or
just stop (and never leak any data, if an administrator, for example, deleted
the first line with PHP tag from config.php). That's like it is made in
Fedora's build of Bugzilla: config is in /etc, wwwroot is in /usr (but there is
no place for addons).

--
    Denis Ovsienko