[racktables-users] Re: Network Security objects and IPv4

  • From: Frank Altpeter <frank-racktables@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:24:27 +0200

Hi there,

on 2009-09-24 at 09:55:03 CEST, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:16:03 +0200 Thomas Häcker wrote:
>
> > Is there any reason why objects of the type Network Security do not have
> > IPv4 and NATv4 tabs (at least in 0.17.5)?
> >
> > Or might my installation be broken?
>
> Hello.
>
> On "Configuration->User interface" page the following settings have to
> be changed:
>
> List source: IPv4 NAT performers
> List source: IPv4-enabled objects
>
> It is necessary to add " or {$typeid_798}" at the end of both. Next
> release will have this in the default settings.

One more question about this topic... I have created another object
similar to "Server", which is called "Virtual Server" to have an own
object class for our VMware clients. Since these also provide IPv4 I have
added {$typeid_50012} to the end of IPv4-enabled objects. So far, this is
working fine, but after every upgrade I have to reconfigure this.
So, would it make sense to add some configuration option "Custom IPv4
enabled object" or something like that to prevent user modified values to
be overwritten on upgrading or maybe it's possible to check the option
value for entries >= 50000 and keep them after updating?

Tìoraidh an-dràsda,

        Frank Altpeter

--
FA-RIPE || http://www.altpeter.de/