[racktables-users] Re: Installing DR racktables server

  • From: Olivier Contant <Olivier.Contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 18:25:53 +0000

I think that your problem is not coming from your replication configuration but
just because you are trying to install racktable on an existing database.  The
installer will want to provision the database with its structure and basic data
and it would overwrite your existing data.

I think the easiest way would be to install in a new database and then import
(or remap in the configuration to point to the old database).   Just if your
existing database is old and the racktable you install is newer with change to
the database layout .. you might run into some issue.   The other way would be
to see how you could upgrade instead of reinstalling.

Good luck!

Olivier Contant
System Administrator, Triton Digital

1440 Ste-Catherine W., Suite 1200 | Montreal, Qc, H3G 1R8
Tel.: +1.514.448.4037 #2771 | Toll-Free: +1.866.448.4037 #2771
olivier.contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:olivier.contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>