[racktables-users] Implementation of OpenLDAP

  • From: Michael Holm <mh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:43:58 +0200

Hi,

I have a running setup.. and now i want to implement LDAP, i recall that
i have accomplished this before, but back then i had to hack the source
of the auth.php file.. and i dont think thats the only way i can
implement LDAP..

I hope that i can get some help, here is what i do..:

i have this secret.php file:
 $user_auth_src = 'ldap';
$require_local_account = FALSE;

// This is only necessary for 'ldap' authentication source
$LDAP_options = array
(
    'server' => 'SERVERNAME',
    'domain' => 'xxx.dk',
    'search_attr' => 'uid',
);

I have removed @ to get some debugging errors from my auth.php file,
here is what i get:

( ! ) Warning: ldap_bind() [function.ldap-bind
<http://racktables.komogvind.dk/function.ldap-bind>]: Unable to bind to
server: Invalid DN syntax in /data/sysadm/racktables/inc/auth.php on
line /318/

I hope that someone can give me a hint of how they have configured just
something for LDAP, i hope that someone can help me so i can make a
working setup without hacking the source.

Best regards,
Michael Holm