[racktables-users] Re: IP tracking for Service Providors

  • From: "Don Greer" <Don.Greer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 15:19:43 -0500

  Might I suggest that, since the IP network already has a one-way relation to
the VLAN, perhaps that could be made a two-way relation, so the key would be
"VLAN:NETWORK" and, base on the two-way relation to the VLAN Campus, the
ultimate relation is "CAMPUS:VLAN:IPADDRESS".  This would resolve the issue for
both the problems below, as well as myself where I want to allow customers to
us RT as a tool to manage and document their
  I don't know how hard that would be, but it would change the schema of the
database, so likely a major rev type change.
  Don