[racktables-users] Re: Error trying to edit port comptibility Here be dragons message

  • From: Jonathan Thurman <jthurman42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:17:14 -0800

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  There is a list of ports already in the PortCompat table. Does it mean that
>> validation in the code is already working but the GUI for adding or editing
>> compatibility is still pending right?
>
> Hello.
> This helper editor did work before, although not really well. I had to dicard
> it to finish WDM and hotplug code for 0.17.5. For the current time it's
> possible to add records into PortCompat from a SQL client, if a need is. I
> hope, it's not too inconvenient.

The restoration of this functionality is addressed int ticket 263 (
https://racktables.org/trac/ticket/263 ).  I have a working version
that I am working on to have committed before 0.17.8.  I uploaded a
patch for those who would like to try it out before the commit.

Currently, there is no requirement that if A->B then B->A.  Two
entries must exist in the database, one for each direction.

-Jonathan