[racktables-users] Re: DEFAULT_PORT_OIF_IDS

  • From: Manon Goo <lists@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:03:06 +0200

--On 31. Juli 2011 11:24:47 +0400 Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why is the translation between inner and outer interface  id done in the
config variable DEFAULT_PORT_OIF_IDS and not in SQL ? Would it make Sense
to put the translation into the PortInnerInterface table ?

Mapping of outer interface to inner interface is actually done in
PortInterfaceCompat, the config option is only used to build a SELECT for
a new port. The defaults could be stored in an additional table, but at
the time of implementation I needed something fast, so I made it an
option and nobody asked about it later. Do you want to implement it in a
cleaner way?

Shure, I'll try to ...

--
    Denis Ovsienko

Manon Goo
Dembach Goo Informatik GmbH & Co KG
Untersachsenhausen 33
D-50667 Köln
Tel: +49 221 801483 0
Mobil: +49 177 8091974
Fax: +49 221 801483 20
Email: manon@xxxxxxxx
Emergency: +49 180 555 4992

Amtsgericht Köln HRA 22794, UST ID: DE242 159 527
Geschäftsführer: Manon Goo, Andreas Dembach
Haftende Gesellschafterin: Dembach Goo Verwaltungs GmbH