[racktables-users] Re: Creating new racks with different dimensions

  • From: "Leggett, Torrance I." <tleggett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:59:20 +0000

Because there are vertical mounted switches in between the two halves and on
the right hand side that I'm not real sure how to organize in the current rack
layouts.

From:
<racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:racktables-users-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
on behalf of Chris James <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 11:44 AM
To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [racktables-users] Re: Creating new racks with different dimensions

Why bother a whole new design for what is essentially 2 extremely short depth
racks? Why not add 2 side by side, A1/A2 etc.

-Chris

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Leggett, Torrance I.
<tleggett@xxxxxxx<mailto:tleggett@xxxxxxx>> wrote:
Is there a way to create a new rack type with different physical dimensions as
well as how objects can be added? We have many racks of IBM iDataPlex racks
that aren't laid out in typical rack fashion
(https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/idataplx/documentation/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.idataplex.doc/dg9idp_r_rack.html)

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged information
and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized
disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or the taking of any action in
reliance on the information herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and
cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or
contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have
accepted these risks. This company is not responsible for errors or omissions
in this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from the
use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this message and
any attachment are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company.