[racktables-users] Re: Creating a user with View-Only access?

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:40:41 +0300

> I am trying to create a user account with View-Only access to our entire
> Racktables environment. They are allowed to see all assets and tab info but
> should not be able to change any details. We have not created a universal tag
> that is attached to all objects.

You can use these patterns:

1. For a specific username.
allow {$username_guest} and {$tab_default}

2. For a specific tag, which is set for several users.
allow {guest user} and {$tab_default}

3. For every user.
allow {$tab_default}

There is no need to deny all other access, because access policy always ends
with implicit "deny".

--
    Denis Ovsienko