[racktables-users] 802.1q VLAN propagation

  • From: Christof <mail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:32:59 +0200

Hi List,

i'm testing the 802.1q feature in racktables 0.20.8 at the moment. My goal was to manage my vlans completely and I was quite satisfied up to now. But I stuck. My intend was to propagate a newly created vlan to all switches in a 802.1q domain as it is created. But as it seems racktables only configures the new vlan on a switch if something changed (i.e. port in any other vlan).

Is there any way to tell racktables, to add a vlan on creation?

thanks in advance
Christof