[racktables-users] Re: 0.17, 0.18, VLANs

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 17:00:13 -0500

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
Hello, list.

I would like to provide an overview of project's development. Current
"maintenance" (0.17.x) line will likely be finished with version 0.17.11 this
summer. About the same time the first release of 0.18 series will be made. Its main
improvement is support of 802.1Q VLANs, which I tried to design around datacenter
application of Ethernet networks. I am interested in getting feedback about this new code
before 0.18 branch gets stabilized, so if you have a number of ports, which you would
like to manage through RackTables, there is additional information below.

Will this deal with scenarios where some switch ports pass the vlan trunks to hosts that have several subinterfaces or to VMware hosts that split out to guests?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx