[pythonvis] Re: Visual Studio Code.

  • From: mikolaj holysz <miki123211@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:51:17 +0100

Well, I haven't tried it with Python specifically but it's pretty nice overall. It still has some rough edges but there's definitely some improvement compared to how it was before. From all the IDEs out there, this is one of the friendliest, and the folks at MS still appear to be working on it. It's worh noting that most o the config is saved in plain JSON files, so, assuming you understand this format (it's pretty easy) you can skip the not so accessible graphical interface alltogether. The quick picker (CTRL+Shift+p) is a boon for accessibility. The productivity gains are enormous. Instead of looking through countless options, which is much slower with a screen reader than with a mouse and a pair of eyes, you do ctrl+Shift+p, type the first few letters of the option, enter, activated. No need for complicated menus and so on.

W dniu 2019-03-27 o 19:29, Gabriele Battaglia (Redacted sender iz4apu for DMARC) pisze:

Hi all.
Is there someone who have experience on this IDE?
At a first glance it appears pretty NVDA friendly and there is lots of extensions for writing in Python.
The package is pretty light and appears not so complicate to understand.

I tried it just for few minutes after I heard about it, then I had to leave my office and I had no time to go deeper.

Any experience to share?

Gabriele.

Namasté!
Sent from Starship iMac27, Captain Battaglia
I Z 4 A P U @ L I B E R O . I T
--

List web page is //www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis