[pythonvis] PyTools

  • From: "Jaffar.sidek10@xxxxxxxxx" <jaffar.sidek10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 12:18:32 +0800

Hi.  I don’t know if you are aware of this, but if you have Visual studio, you
can use PyTools from:
https://pytools.codeplex.com/
I don’t know if it will work with the Express versions of Visual studio, but
I’ve tried it with the full version of vs2013 and it works remarkably well.  It
is just a standard installer, and as long as you have visual studio and python
installed, it will detect those and then create a python project wizard for
you.  you can even write wxPython code with it, an apart from standard python
apps, it also allows you to code in Iron Python and python WinForms, silver
light and jango web apps amongst others.  The only annoying problem I find with
it is that you can’t detect your errors from the standard vs window, but
instead you have to start your code either in debug or without debug mode, then
navigate through your errors via the python console.  But other than that,
using it is quite a breeze.  Also, it will automatically indent your code
blocks for you which I feel is rather nice since I’ve learnt quite a bit about
indenting since I’ve used it these past few days.  It is free and available for
versions since 2005.  I urge the list to give it a try.  Cheers!