[pythonvis] Re: Farkle Game Project

  • From: Patrick Smyth <patricksmyth01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 13:37:25 -0400

If you put the code on GitHub, no promises, but I could take a look. I might see you post here but if you want to increase the chances of my looking at it, feel free to copy me directly. I'm a Python developer and I do a decent amount of Flask, if that's what you're thinking of using.

Patrick

<jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

I have decided to take this on as a personal project. I am going to do this on my new website. I
am getting the domain name shortly. I will post to the list when I create a post on the site. My
reason for doing this is to force myself to learn Python, and I know enough about Python to be
able to tell that doing the game will introduce, or reintroduce myself to lots of basic Python
concepts.
I would ask a favor of the experienced Python people on the list. Would you please correct my
inexperienced mistakes by commenting on-list?
If someone would like to participate with me, I’m unsure how we would coordinate, but I was
thinking of the idea of putting the code on GitHub, so we can also learn to use that very
important tool together. I was thinking that putting the code on GitHub as the game evolves in
its various iterations would be educational. I got this idea from seeing the code from a Flask
book done that way. It was very nice.

My goal is to put up one post a week. So I’m thinking that on Sundays you will see a new post
go up. I think I can work on the post during the week and have Saturday to finish it off in time to
publish it Sunday morning.
I will have some posts on related technologies if they go along with the project. For instance, I
may post about Hugo, which I am using to build the site, or VS Code, which I am using to write
the code and the site. But the goal is to put out something from the project on Sundays.
Thanks for reading.

Jim

Jim Homme

Skype: jim.homme