[pythonvis] Re: Capturing Program Errors in a Text File

  • From: Dzhovani <dzhovani.chemishanov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 06:27:53 +0300

Hi,

  here is how to do it and how it works in general:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/110930/redirecting-error-messages-from-command-prompt-stderr-stdout

HTH,

Dzhovani

On 30.4.2020 г. 4:50, Rich De Steno (Redacted sender ironrock for DMARC) wrote:

i am using Python 3.8 on a Windows 10 computer.  When I test a Python script, I direct the output to a text file like this:

Python script.py > TextFile.txt

This does fine for the actual program output, but I really want the error messages captured, so that I can fix the bugs.  This process does not provide the error messages for me.  Is there way to get the error messages in a text file?

List web page is //www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis