[python] Re: proper wheelbase and pivot angle for 26" wheels

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:36:47 +0200

Hello Ken,

I would not use 60 deg but 65 to avoid wheel flop.

Wheelbase depends on your body height and the seat inclination. I am 180 cm tall and my P3 has a WB of 129 cm. Seat inclination is 35 deg.

PS: Sounds funny to me: Ypsilanti ;-)

On 20.09.2007 04:55, Ken Pendergrass wrote:
Friends,

What is the current wisdom regarding the proper wheelbase and pivot angle for 26" wheels? I have been studying the chart and I'm considering something like 110 cm and 60 degrees?

I would prefer to use 406 wheels but I've only found 26 inch after searching all summer for used bikes so perhaps I'll begin with what I have. Unless I have better luck this weekend.

Thank you,
Ken
Ypsilanti, MI