[python] Re: hi from a newbie

  • From: Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:38:34 +0100

Hi !

Jürgen Mages schrieb:

I would like to build a 26" python for me.

Check your inseam (Innenbeinlänge): it should be 84 cm minimum.
26" is great, because you can use normal MTB parts and gearing.

I checked my inseam, its 89 cm. So i won´t have problems with 26" wheels, i assume.
I have an old, but unused MTB here, which is waiting for been cutted apart to be organ donator.
It has nice monolithic rims, is it the right word, you know those rims without wire spokes, but casted in one piece.

I told everyone to watch out for a second MTB-Frame.

One thing is fact by now: My python will be painted snake-green, like "Morelia viridis" ;-)

Yeah - the Green Tree Python: It's a beauty!

With blue wheels ... ;-)

Maybe i should first build a prototype myself and let the final version be welded by an expert ?

It's always fun to learn welding. As the python is very low, it is inherently
save, when the frame cracks.

The final version should be good enough for touring with luggage ! And i am tall and heavy.

Is it a good idea to plan all Frame-Parts about 10mm longer to have more material for corrections ?

Not really ;-) When welding you don`t have to be too precise
(I apologize Mr. Nobuo) comparing to brazing. You can always fill
gaps with material.

Ok, but for the final version, i would prefer Mr. Nobuos way. BTW: His Bike is really impressive !

BTW: My Wife already declared me to be completely mad. Aren´t there more important things to do ???

See the answer to David Ziehr's posting ;-)

She even refused to ride the Flevo-Trike, so what shall i do ? Maybe a long holiday, visitig a bike hermit in sweden ? 8-)

So long,

Stephan