[python] hi from a newbie

  • From: Stephan SchÃling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Python-Liste <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:26:39 +0100

Hello to everyone here !

I am a recumbent bike fan from germany.
I found python-bike pages while searching for Flevo-related stuff in the net.
When i saw the bike, i was fixed on it immediately.
I would like to build a 26" python for me.

The first step is done: collecting all informations i can get by reading the mailing-list and websites of python builders.

My english is not good enough to understand all the technical terms, so i have to translate them laborius...
It took nearly 3 weeks to read an translate every evening.
It shurely will take a long time too till i have made up my mind for a frame design.
Ok, this fact gives me time to collect all the parts i will need simultaneusly.

One thing is fact by now: My python will be painted snake-green, like "Morelia viridis" ;-)

For i am not the best in welding, im thinking of takeing all the parts to someone who knows what he is doing.
(like Michael Fresno suggested in this list in 12/2003)
Maybe i should first build a prototype myself and let the final version be welded by an expert ?

Is it a good idea to plan all Frame-Parts about 10mm longer to have more material for corrections ?

Is a cheap El-Hand-Welder ok for the first prototypes ?

BTW: My Wife already declared me to be completely mad. ArenÂt there more important things to do ???

Gretings from cold and wet Germany,

Stephan