[python] Re: handlebars

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 20:20:44 +0100

Moin everybody,

Since one year I keep track of the python discussions and I like the idea of the python very much. A few days ago I visited Thorsten Borm, who lives some 80 km from my place and tried a ride on his python. I rode only 20 m but I felt, that it would be big fun with more practice. If I have time enough, I'm going to build one this winter. What I don't like is that you have to touch the ground with your hands at every start and stop. So what do you think about this : I want to put the handlebars on a kind of fork fixed at the rear end of the backbone, so that they can move up and down beneath the seat. While riding the handlebars are hold up by a strong rubber or a spring. When you stop you can push them down and hit the ground with two inline-skater-wheels mounted at the outer ends of the handlebars. Any objections? Did anybody try something like this?

Hol di munter

Lutz

Siwmae(Hiya) Lutz,

You've been reading my mind. Or maybe I've been reading yours. One of us should do it anyway, and see how it works.

Cofion gorau(Best remembrances),   Rhisiart Gwilym