[python] handlebars

  • From: Lutz Wittgenstein <lutzWittgenstein@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:55:52 +0200

Moin everybody,

Since one year I keep track of the python discussions and I like the idea of
the python very much. A few days ago I visited Thorsten Borm, who lives some 80
km from my place and tried a ride on his python. I rode only 20 m but I felt,
that it would be big fun with more practice. If I have time enough, I'm going
to build one this winter.
What I don't like is that you have to touch the ground with  your hands at
every start and stop. So what do you think about this : I want to put  the
handlebars on a kind of fork fixed at the rear end of the backbone, so that
they can move up and down beneath the seat. While riding the handlebars are
hold up by a strong rubber or a spring. When you stop you can push them down
and hit the ground with two inline-skater-wheels mounted at the outer ends of
the handlebars. Any objections? Did anybody try something like this?

Hol di munter

Lutz