[python] Re: a new python!

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:32:50 +0200

On 09/10/2005 08:08 PM, Jürgen Mages wrote:

>> Hopefully the rear suspension works in a nice way, and
>> is not too bouncy.
>

> Good idea to make the preload adjustable. Although I use
> 26" tires the rear suspension does a very good job. It only
> starts to bounce when I ride over cobblestone pavement.
>
> Any more details about the suspension pivot and the
> attachment of the front part to the steering head available?

I don't have pics available yet, but I am working on it (don't have the
bike here) ;-)

The steering pivot is quite simple: take a steering tube, cut of the
fork end, close the steering tube on both ends with plating with M8 nuts
embedded in the middle (as precise as possible). The pads connecting to
the front simply screw onto these.

The two vertical tubes along the steering tube I will cut away still,
because they are really not necesary. With these two tubes removed the
distance between the two pads will be more flexible, and assembling rear
and front will hopefully be easier --the fit is very tight now.

To allow walking with the bike ---pushing down on the seat solution does
not work very good with this geometry-- I want to weld two nuts onto the
pivot. One nut goes on the steering tube, and one goes on the head tube.
When the bike is straight, the nuts are so that they are aligned above
each other. When walking with the bike, I'll put a rod through both of
them, and the pivot can not turn (much) anymore. But I still have the
unsolved problem that when I start riding again, I could forget to pull
the rod out. May be I'll set up things so, that it obstructs sitting on
the seat.

groetjes
Dirk