[python] Re: Whoops, when did I start thinking 5 cm was only 5 mm?

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 20:37:17 +0200

Michael,

> I could shorten the front 2 cm as well, although using the absolute
> minimum seems like a bad idea.

Yes, always try to shorten SBB-FWaP first and try to make FWaP-BB
as long as possible.

>Another option is to redesign the SBB<-->FWaP connection to
>something more like the letter "U" (bottom of the "U" is the
> SBB, sides are the 40x10 tubes).

If there is still enough space left for the fender - this might be a
solution.

>What size torch tip(s) would be best for welding a python
>with an oxy-acetylene torch (assuming that I followed the
>plans)? I have a size 6 tip -- I'm not sure if tip sizes are
>standardized or not -- it's a Purox torch.

I used a MAG welding machine. A german oxy-acetylene torch
used for 1 to 2 mm thick steel has the tip number 2. So this
might be different from yours.

Anyway - good luck for your project.