[python] Re: Velomobile development drawings: Part 4

  • From: Kenneth Stewart <kenny.stewart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 20:19:13 +0000

Hi Jurgen,

I am aware of tilting trikes with lean steer, but my design does not work like that.

The front axle is rigid, there is no Ackerman steering, the wheels do not pivot. The axle pivots at 65 degrees to horizontal at the front of the body.

The body, chassis, transmission, seat, and rear wheel are one unit

As the front axle is turned the body leans by means of the geometry into the bend. There are no extra levers to control the lean.

Regards

Ken

On 4 Dec 2017, at 19:45, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Thanks Ken, this makes the steering principle more clearer to me. The design reminds me of Greg Kolodziejzyk's lean steer trike (see similar concept in the attached gif).

The steering pivot seems to be behind the rider and the rider plus the whole front part is one single unit that tilts - correct?

If so I would consider it to be rearwheel steered (RWS) and not python- ish ;-)

Regards,
Jürgen.

On 04.12.2017 19:40, Kenneth Stewart wrote:

Hi Jurgen,

I have just published the section concerning Python geometry on my
website. Please have a look and see if it makes sense.

Regards

Ken Stewart

http://kenstewartartist.com/

<4barslinkage.gif>

with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.