[python] Re: Self Centering vs. Wheel Flop

  • From: Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 14:41:52 +0100

Hi Jürgen,

what does "wheigt of frontwheel" mean ?
The force of gravity at the point where the frontwheel touches the ground or the wheigt of iitself ?
22-111 what ? Kg ?
Can you insert a wheigt in the CoG to this system ? Then you should give nearly real Whigts to the parts that belong to the frame without driver. Than increase the wheigt in CoG till the FWheel comes up. That wold say much more, i think.

Interesting Program. Where did you get it ?

Cheers, Stephan

Jürgen Mages wrote:
I use a physics engine (e.g. Newton) for simulation. See this video
for the demonstration of wheel flop and self centering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf47CX4S5Do

A little explanation:

The first half demonstrates the self centering effect. The mouse cursor
gives the front wheel two times a push and the FW returns to its
centered position.

Then I change the weight of the FW from 22 to 111, thus making it
flop. Then I change the weight back to 22 and the centering reappears.