[python] Re: Python/Hipparion Trike

  • From: mchannon <mchannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:20:20 -0500

Hello Listees

At 11:19 AM 1/5/06 +0100, Jurgen wrote:
>snip<
>> And a question about an older Topic: I think it was Dirk who wrote,
>> that learning to ride a TT-bike is a thing of only a few minutes (correct
>> me,
>> if I´m false!).
>
>Right. Due to the bigger steering/pedalling interference these bikes are
>easier to control. Problem is that the same interference turns out to
>be an nuisance lateron. Jürgen Maier owns a TT clone and reported that
>he always has to pedal with a slight outward force, similar to the
>movement when roller-skating.
>
>I am planning to do a thorough investigation about this in the next
>weeks and hope for the lists support ...
>
>> Has someone in this mailing-list experiences whith the TT-bike-concept
>> (positive trail but moderate head angles)??
>
>At least Jürgen Maier and Laurent Dechenne have lots of experience.
>snip<

I too have built and used a TT bike.  Much easier to learn to ride than the
python.  I never tried riding mine "no hands" but it only requires a very
light touch on the handle bars.  The bars oscillate slightly when pedalling
but it is no problem to ride the bike and keep it on line.  The feeling of
riding mine is not as nice as the python since it is higher and the seat is
more upright.  I may build another low one similar to Laurent's one of these
days.  Next on my list is a trike converrsion for my python using parts from
other projects.

Regards,

Mike Channon
London, Ontario, Canada