[python] Re: Pendulum effects

  • From: Kurt Rutter <tokabago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:57:42 -1000

How do you weld a quantum entanglement? I have been entangled in my
wirefeed, it was not pretty.
The 20 inch front wheel design is very good looking, so compact. How does it
cope with paved but bumpy streets?
Also, Vi's design might be interesting as a tadpole trike. Oh no, another
project. ;=/
Kurt

2011/3/10 Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>

> Hi Vi,
>
> the video is funny indeed - maybe you just discovered quantum entanglement
> in macroscopic dimensions.
>
> Great, that you setup a wiki page about your project.
>
> Cheers,
> Jürgen.
>

> On 10.03.2011 06:24, Vi Vuong wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have been turning the Bango quad with mostly the outer wheel, because
>> the inner wheel only needs much less turning to minimize tire scrubbing.
>>  This figure depicts the shallow angle compared to the Ackerman angle, which
>> is harder to achieve with center steering.
>> http://en.openbike.org/wiki/File:Bango_steering.png
>>
>> After some calculation, it seems that the shallow is possible due to the
>> pendulum effect causing the wheels to go up & down.  As we lean into the
>> corner, the inner wheel must be higher than outer wheels via smaller angle.
>>  Wheel tilt angle may also play a role and asymmetry is also suspect, but
>> the behavior is almost the same in either direction.
>> We made some attempts to achieve Ackerman angles but it's hard to eyeball.
>>  We did notice the outer wheel skid along, as if it barely touch the ground.
>>  We need to figure out a way to measure the steering angles and tire
>> scrubbing sound simultaneously for more system dynamics analysis.  Any
>> thoughts on the two distinct angles, Python vs. Ackerman?  Can this be some
>> sort of bifurcation? We do have a pendulum after all.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_bifurcation
>>
>> A video for your entertainment...
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUr3GI_ulE
>>
>> Vi