[python] Re: News from Canada

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 07:35:28 -0700

At 02:06 AM 9/14/2005, you wrote:
>I like the carbon front fender very much. Very entertaining
>to read his latest experiences ;-)

The fender looks really nice, and the cargo box is good too. The seat is a lot
higher than mine, so he has room - not a lot of ground clearance though...
I also have added a small front "fender" to keep sand out of my lap. The most
helpful part seems to be the shield between the pivot and brake caliper (white
vinyl thing barely visible: http://www.rjs.org/gallery/electric_python.jpg) It
is "C" shaped and conforms to the tire/rim closely, ~2mm clearance, keeping
most dirt out of the pivot and my face. I had a rear fender before the new rack
- I had found that my hair and neck got sand from the boardwalk.

I would also like to try the hammock-type seat too, vs. my padded model;
probably a bit cooler.
The more I ride, the more I think I'd like to have a more upright seat position
with lower seat bottom - about the same C.G., but would allow more gluteus use
in pedalling.

I think that if I build again, it will be a faired streamliner. Not practical,
but, I now have lots of practical bikes ;-)

Ray