[python] Re: More success!

  • From: Robert Bunting <metalheads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 18:20:07 -0400

Jurgen,

Trying hard to not over plan as we have been warned! Glad to read today's post about steering angle. I thought that 80 degrees was recommended somewhere by you? You said your first Python was 67 deg. Have you changed your angle as time has passed?
We are planning starting soon and want to give ourselves the best chance at success. Changing steering angle doesn't seem too hard but the time to change it is hard to find. How much difference can be felt from 65-70 degrees?
On another subject, I have an oxy torch and can braze quite well but am not a welder. Has anybody brazed a frame?

It's great to hear all the progress everyone is making! Jurgen, I think you have the makings of a cult here! Of course my wife thinks I am crazy.

Regards from Connecticut USA
Rob
On Apr 4, 2004, at 3:27 PM, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Wowie Mike, go ahead!

The steering angle of my first python is 67°.
The angle of Peter's is 72°, which we measured today.

The riding difference is surprisingly big.

Mine is easier to ride.

As a conclusion, the range of good angles is somewhere
between 65 and 70 degrees.

PS: all angles are measured at the bike without rider, though if the suspension is correctly adjusted, there should be no difference.