[python] More success!

  • From: mchannon <mchannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 14:52:05 -0400

Hi Listers

I had another short practice session today.  Wow!  Things went really well.
Much more riding time, far fewer falls.  I even had some semblance of
control over my direction most of the time.

Why the difference?  Well, I made a few changes to my bike.  I changed the
steering angle...sorry, I don't have an exact measure, but I leaned it back
more.  The result is that the bike is much more stable and likes to go in a
straight line.  The second change which helped was fitting a shifter for the
derailleur so that I could put the bike in the lowest gear.  It's easier to
ride when not having to push as hard on the pedals.

I did install handlebars but found that I wasn't using them.  It's much
easier to drag my fimgers along the ground...as required.  Thank goodness
for leather gloves.

It won't be long before I'll be able to take this bike on the paths and roads.

Regards,

Mike Channon
London, Ontario, Canada