[python] Limits of iLean ?

  • From: paul needham <paul.2.needham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:26:05 +0100

Hi all

I have a Python trike based on Triked USA in the Trike pages , the rear track is 33" [ 84 cm ] ground clearance 5" [ 125 cm ].

If I was to build a wide iLean rear end bolting it to the trike rear end keeping the 33" track and relocate the 2 rear wheels to the iLean mechanism like this :- http://www.bentrideronline.com/messageboard/showpost.php?p=1299422&postcount=2

What would be the result ?

a) get the suspension effect of iLean ?
b) would it stay upright like the trike does ? or would it fall over like a bike with a one piece BB iLean ? with me sat on it.
c) would it stay upright like the trike does ? or would it fall over like a bike with a one piece BB iLean ? without me sat on it.
d) lean into corners like a bike ?
e) will there be a limit to the lean that may compromise it's safety corning hard ? [ ie ground strike of some part of it ?]

Any negatives ?

I am short of those 1 pieces BB's however I do have a surplus of 14mm axled BMX wheels and sealed BB's and normal 3 piece cranks.

So :-

I see pedal axles are approx 14mm as are BMX axles ?

So if I file out the axle holes in the cranks I can bolt BMX wheels to the cranks mounting them single sided ?

regards Paul