[python] Re: Lean steer trikes

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:05:55 +1000

Tilting trikes delta is a subject I have a little bit of experience with. My first trike has now clocked up 1500k and after a few mods to it I am pretty happy with it.

http://jetrike.com/jetrike-mods.html

Nevertheless, one can never stop at one, and I have been playing around with all sorts of ideas for the next design, including a RWD (rear wheel drive) LWB (long wheel base ) tilting delta, and a tilting tadpole where the rider controls the tilt and the front wheels are free-to-caster. However my design goals are to keep the weight down, have full suspension, be able to transport the trike in the trunk of my car, and that it has a relatively narrow track -- which is challenging.

So I recently had an idea for a tilting python trike. One with a back end similar to Jetrike, except with handle bars coming down the left and right side coming from the swing arms that would control the tilt. Like a python bike, the tilting trike rider would steer the front with their feet, but control the tilt with their hands.

The question I have for the group, is do you think this would work?

It would certainly be light, transportable, narrow and could certainly have rear suspension.

-h

JPEG image