[python] Handling a python

  • From: David Ziehr <dziehr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 04:38:25 -0500

This is my first post here and I must say that this is a great group.

To the question: Can you steer quickly on a python? I mean, if you are riding along and you need miss a pothole or bump, can you swerve?

Currently I am riding a clone of a Rans Rocket that I built. It is fun, but it steers so quickly (it's twitchy) that it is impossible to ride without keeping a hand on the handlebars. I really like the idea of the python and the ability to relax and ride "no hands", but I don't want to have a catastrophic failure just because I couldn't miss a pothole or something.

Thanks for the input.

Dave
North Carolina, USA

PS. I showed my wife some of the pics on the Python website (nice job, Juergen) and she thought I was crazy to even think about building one and my kids just laughed and laughed, saying "Dad's going to bust it!" For some strange reason, this makes me want to prove them wrong (okay, I guess I AM crazy). What do your friends and family think about your Python? (no pun intended...)