[python] Re: Handling a python

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 09:34:58 +0100

Hello Dave and welcome,

To the question: Can you steer quickly on a python? I mean, if you are riding along and you need miss a pothole or bump, can you swerve?

Generally you will notice potholes etc later on a low recumbent. The python is quite agile and I don´t expect peculiar problems with swerving.

The "no hands" riding is not comparable with normal bikes.
Once accustomed to it, you always have full control over the
steering. It´s like walking with your feet: No problems with
the steering even though your hands are not involved.

PS. I showed my wife some of the pics on the Python website (nice job, Juergen) and she thought I was crazy to even think about building one and my kids just laughed and laughed, saying "Dad's going to bust it!" For some strange reason, this makes me want to prove them wrong (okay, I guess I AM crazy). What do your friends and family think about your Python? (no pun intended...)

Easy with my family: They all ride pythons themselves ;-) E.g. with my wife: We could not imagine a better bike for common trips.