[python] AW: Welding or brazing?

  • From: bepb@xxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 04:19:46 +0200

Hi Arjen,
I guess, this is because there is no final answer to this question.
Both were used succesfull in bike projects before. For both, strength lies in
proper sizing of the joints, as well as proper carrying out the joint.
Also, welding comes in different flavours: MIG, TIG, Stick Welding and others.
I would discourage stick welding, its rather nasty on thin walled tubes.

I would check what equipment and expirience I have at hand.

Mind, the design of the joints needs to be different for brazing and welding!

Gerald