[python] Re: AW: Re: Pythonjetrike

  • From: George Durbridge <gdurbrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 03:33:06 +1100

The Hipparion site would have been a great loss, even if not much
happens there any more. Fortunately, it has just moved to a new URL
(most of it, anyway; not sure if all the English part of it is still
there). http://www.saunalahti.fi/~dvinci/fill.html

Only your feet and lower legs follow the front wheel the full distance:
your upper legs, which have most of the weight, hardly move sideways at
all. On a tadpole, your legs may point outwards, but that's not the
point: their weight doesn't move sideways relative to the ground contact
points.

You can lean into the turn, and leaning through 30 degrees makes a
surprisingly large difference to the stability of the trike, though I've
only experienced it on, and done the calculations for, a tadpole. But my
habit is only to lean hard when I know that I will be generating fairly
large cornering forces, and I don't think I would be doing that while
riding carefully over snow: you don't know when you are going to lose
it.