[python] AW: Nexus Inter-7 coaster break

  • From: Gerald<bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:54:37 +0200

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Gerald <bepb@xxxxxx>
An: Mike Power <mpower.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Mi., 24. Aug 2011, 07:17:28 GMT+00:00
Betreff: AW: [python] Nexus Inter-7 coaster break

Hi Mike,
I use coaster beaks in both off my pythons. One uses a Nexus Inter 8 in an 20"
wheel python and the other a SRAM I-Motion in an 28" wheel. Both work nicely.
There is a distinct difference in using a coaster break in the frontwheel off a
lowracer to one mounted in the rear wheel off a upright!
You can get a lot more breaking power to the street if the break is mounted in
the front wheel.
But you need to be carefull on long downhill rides - coaster breaks can
overheat and the hub may be dammaged!

Gerald

Sender: python-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does anyone have experience with the Inter-7's coaster brake or coaster brakes
in general?  Would it make sense to put a coaster brake in the front wheel of a
python?  Would you have enough fine control to use the break to slow up versus
skid?

Mike Power