[pure-silver] Re: what to put on your business card

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:00:25 -0400

Hi,

If I can just relate my personal experience then that is to keep it as simple as possible.

You have the right idea.

Do you just put your name and then the word "photographer" under it,
along with your address, phone number, and email, and web address if you have a web site?

When I went to China and South Korea two years ago, I had a card made up; top center of the card, in large font, my name and "Photographer" under the name. Then in the lower left corner, in smaller font, my international telephone number and underneath that, my e-mail address, and since I was going to the Orient, I put Montreal, Canada under the e-mail address. Since I was going to China and South Korea, where the exchange of name cards/business cards is part of the protocol, I had a one set done up with Chinese on the flip side and another set, with Korean on the flip side. I exchanged over 400 cards in China alone, in 2 weeks.

If weddings are your mealticket, then say so on the card but otherwise, keep it general and simple, "Photographer". If people want more info, they will ask you or will e-mail you. Too much info and I find that the card gets cluttered up. Get the essentials on the card.

Anyway, those are my two pennies on the matter.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Shannon Stoney wrote:

I am fixing to get some business cards made and I wondered what photographers usually put on their business card.

Do you just put your name and then the word "photographer" under it, along with your address, phone number, and email, and web address if you have a web site?

I have a photography specialty, which is large format landscape photography, and I have done a little architectural photography. But I would do a wedding if somebody wanted to pay me! In other words, I'll do anything, so maybe I shouldn't put anything other than "photographer".

But I also have a pretty nice silver darkroom. Maybe I should say, "custom silver prints" or something like that?

--shannon

-- ________________________________________________________________ Bogdan Karasek Montréal, Québec e-mail: bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx Canada

                  "I photograph my reality"