[pure-silver] Re: rock solid grain!

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:41:32 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shannon Stoney" <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:31 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] rock solid grain!

I am a little worried about all the Liquid Wrench I put on the latch. Some of it dripped onto the bellows. I wiped it off as well as I could and then cleaned the bellows with a dilute mixture of detergent and water. I was afraid it might eat through the bellows. I think it's some kind of petroleum distillate but I'm not really sure what Liquid Wrench is. Is it dangerous to bellows?

--shannon

What are the bellows made of? If they are a synthetic and the LW didn't melt a hole in them its fine. If they are leather you will just have to wait ten years to find out.
I am not quite sure what's in LW either but it makes me itch if I get it on my skin.
Congratulations on figuring out the problem and even more on solving it. With the powers vested in my I promote you to Detective First Class.

Thank you! This was a huge achievement for me, I have to say. It's the first time I've fixed something on this beast without any help from my usual tech guy.

My partner told me that next I should learn how to fix cars. He heard of a woman who was a secretary at a garage that fixed cars, and she figured out how cars work, and then she started her own garage. Now she has a show on the radio about fixing cars, like Car Talk.

How about a radio show called Enlarger Talk? I could laugh a lot, really loud, and ask men how they spell their names. "Is that Billy with a y or Billy with an i?"

"Don't enlarge like my sister!"

--shannon

---