[pure-silver] really pink negatives mystery solved

  • From: janet ness <nessj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 22:04:45 -0700

I had recently posted a message about film developed by students in my class.
The negatives were developed in Xtol and came out magenta colored.  It turns
out that both rolls were chromagenic black and white.  One was Ilford XP-2.  I
didn't think you could get anything by developing this film in black and white
chemistry.  The images look like they could be printable, though the color of
the film base could affect the contrast.

Janet Ness