[pure-silver] Re: pure-silver Digest V5 #152

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 09:23:39 -0400

IME, air bubbles in the developer result in brightish rings with dark interiors (on the print) and show a foamy texture.

I get them as the result of being a few ounces short in developer
volume and foam hangs up under the top flange of the reel.

Single air bubbles/bells show on the print as black/dark grey dots with both a sharply defined inner perimeter and a diffuse outer perimeter. I haven't seen these in ages.

Your bubbles may vary.

The marks on the negatives don't look like air bubbles
to me.

I would guess the problem is the film. Especially if the marking happened to more than one roll and if it happened
to rolls that were developed separately.  I assume the film
processing was bog-standard.

There aren't going to be many companies making film left
standing.  I feel it is best to support those with the
greatest competency.  After a company quits the film
business they aren't going to come back. And I believe in supporting the home-town team, if the home town won't support the team, who will?

==
Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
Cleveland, Ohio 44121