[pure-silver] Re: new tech

  • From: "K W Hart" <kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:12:36 -0500

I read some details about this system. Basically in addition to recording the
intensity and color of the light striking the sensor, it also records the angle
at which the light hits. In-focus rays of light will hit at a specific angle,
and out-of-focus at a different angle depending on how far out of focus. So
focus can be adjusted after exposure by selecting the information from rays of
light at a specific angle. The downside is that a lot of data has to be picked
up by the sensor and stored.

Personnally, I think I'll just focus carefully before shooting!

Ken Hart
kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxx