[pure-silver] Re: lenses in the icebox?

  • From: Dennis P <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:57:14 -0700

I would be worried about that for the reason of condensation being created when you warm the lenses up. I have ruined a box of sheet film by putting it in the freezer after it was open. Then later I took it out and took some film out of it and let it sit on the counter long enough to thaw. I didn't check but it had created condensation on the film in the box and the sheets stuck together when I re froze them. So I personally would find a desiccant of some type and put that in a closed box with the lenses to keep them dry.

Dennis
On Jul 30, 2009, at 4:12 PM, Shannon Stoney wrote:

Hi, it's been an unusually humid summer here in TN, with almost nightly rainfalls. It's great to see the little creeks and springs running again after the long drought, but I'm worried about my lenses. It's so humid that I'm afraid they will get fungus in them. Even with the AC running, I can't get the humidity much below 70%. And it's expensive to run the AC. It suddenly occurred to me today that I could put them in plastic boxes in the fridge! I checked the humidity in there and it's 45%.

Is there anything wrong with this idea? Nobody will eat them, I don't think, as I'm the only person here right now.

--shannon

http://shannonstoney-twors.blogspot.com/
http://branguslane.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shannonstoney/