[pure-silver] Re: lens? enlarger, process and now "projection"?

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:25:57 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sauerwald Mark" <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2005 5:03 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: lens? enlarger, process and now
"projection"?

> --- Peter De Smidt <pdesmidt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Eric Maquiling wrote:
>>
>> >I just bought a "kodak ektar projection enlarger
>> lens 100mm".  What's a
>> >projection lens?
>>

> I'll bet that it is a slide projector lens.

  If its a projection lens it will have no iris diaphragm. I
am not sure there are any current Ektar projection lenses
but there are Ektanar lenses. Mostly these were made for the
Kodak Carrousel projector and have the focusing track for
it.
   It might possibly be a motion picture prjection lens but
again would have no diaphragm and probably the usual coarse
thread Kodak focusing arrangement on the barrel.

---