[pure-silver] Re: [inconsistent shaking of developer

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 07:31:41 -0500

Richard, I suspect incomplete mixing to begin with rather than a separation
later. When mixing HC110 I almost always make a standard stock solution.
However, when mixing Ilford Ilfotec HC I make small 1 liter batches. I use
warm to hot water to rinse my graduate out after measuring. I can see that
some may not get good consistency from liquid developer, if a short shake or
cool water is used.  I not saying one should sake so vigorously to create
bubbles, but new batches should be stirred well.

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226
214-827-8301