[pure-silver] Re: how critical is E6 temp and...

  • From: "Gary W. Marklund" <Gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:17:37 -0700

I always use distilled water for developer and PhotoFlo for my B&W work. I use it throughout the E-6 process. Reasons are that I don't want to depend on the acidity/alkalinity or other properties of the local tap water to be consistent. I can buy steam distilled water for USD 0.70 per gallon. That is quite cheap for the quantities I use. I think that any time you can eliminate / control a variable in the process, you have a much better chance for success.

Gary

At 10:49 AM 1/30/2007, you wrote:
On Tuesday 30 January 2007 10:36, Gary W. Marklund wrote:
> I use the CPP-2. Use the 6 bath with distilled water and watch your
> time carefully. You should get very good results. I was told the
> results would not be good or would be inconsistent. Not true with the
> above.

Why are you using distilled water? The Kodak specs allow for some pretty hard
water.

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/Zmanuals/z119-2.pdf

1000 ppm for the wash water.

Nick