[pure-silver] Re: help with finding an 4x5" enlarger

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:33:59 +0100

Hi,

I also have a L1200, (with condensors), and I have the glass carier for
4*5. Be aware that the regulair 4*5 carrrier is a bit too small to
project a complete 4*5 negative. There is a special carrier which is
bigger, but the price is prohibitive, I immediately forgot about it.

For smaller than 4*5 I use glass  on top of the negative, metal masks at
the bottom. This omits 2 glass surfaces where dust can attach, and the
glass on top presses down the curve of the film, assuring proper
flatness.

I have 3 carriers, 1 for each format (the 2 spare carriers I could save
from trashing, they belonged to a L1200 with a point source light, which
I could not store)..

Best,

Cor

(ps L1200 are relative cheap in Holland, but shipping isn't..)